Online Learning Development Internship
Refuel Creative is an award-winning marketing and technology agency based in Port Adelaide.
We specialise in all things digital. Digital marketing, paid search advertising (SEM/SEO/PPC), social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc), web development, analytics, and more. We build a holistic and advanced digital strategy for our clients so that each channel can complement one another effectively.
We are striving to create the best environment for the most driven and personable people to work. By 2030, Refuel will be the Adelaide agency that marketers want to work at, and clients want to work with. It is an ambitious target but we are focused on achieving it.
You are not just an ‘employee’ or an ‘intern’ here. Instead, you are an ally and a teammate that will play a crucial role in our operation. In our team, your voice always matters. We’re committed to you and nurturing your growth and knowledge.
Our team values have been developed as a group, with everyone having ownership. Whether that is staff, clients, contractors, or collaborators, we go above and beyond to provide a positive experience with our business. We always work as a team to be innovative and creative and stay on top of industry trends and concepts.
Purpose of the position
Our Online Learning Development Internship is designed as a human resources internship, helping you get ready for developing internal training resources. We will provide you with practical experience in the workplace, plus the people and tools you need.
As our human resources intern, you will conduct a training needs assessment for Refuel. This will include reviewing currently available training, the training we have already developed, and identifying gaps and opportunities. Using this assessment, you will develop course outlines for one or more key training courses.
If you’re looking for human resources internships in Adelaide, this is a great opportunity to try learning and development. Get access to our Learning Management System (LMS) and our Videographer to develop real world training materials.
Your key output of your HR internship will be:
- Training needs assessment, identifying key opportunities in priority order.
- At least one course outline for a training course.
- Work with the Refuel team to develop the course (if time allows).
The specific challenges we are hoping you could assist with include:
- Review of current training materials for clients, interns and staff onboarding.
- Review of current training materials available in the marketplace and gaps in these.
Our HR internship program is designed for human resources and management students who are considering a career in learning and development.
This internship is designed to prepare you for an entry-level position in human resources such as a human resources assistant. It is even good preparation for premium graduate placements. It’s great practical experience to ready you for a role in a HR team or as a HR manager.
Responsibilities and duties
You will work with our CEO, Administration Assistant, and Videographer & Content Creator to:
- Undertake a structured induction and training process.
- Undertake a training needs assessment with our existing team.
- Specific industry research at the macro and micro levels to identify trends and future best practice. This may incorporate 1-2 days of research on campus at your university’s dedicated research space with the assistance of your academic mentor.
- Development of a plan that includes detailed recommendations and gaps. This plan will be presented by you to relevant personnel.
- Development of at least one course outline for a training course that meets the needs outlined in your training needs assessment.
- Assist in the development and recording of the course.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Provide separate informal feedback and presentation to key personnel reflecting on the placement experience and providing information about how Refuel could improve support for similar projects/students in the future.
- These activities may be altered during the placement in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Human resources internships program requirements
Computer & technology
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and skills in software such as Google G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets).
Time management & attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on time according to your internship work schedule.
- A high degree of attention to detail is essential.
Written & verbal communication skills
- You will work with internal stakeholders, and will be required to build positive working relationships with the team.
- The ability to follow client briefs through strong communication.
- The ability to know when to ask questions, and book in additional training. We want people who are prepared to ask!
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to achieve project outcomes effectively and efficiently.
- Currently studying Human Resources, Business or similar tertiary qualification.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent English literacy skills, both written and spoken.
In order to successfully complete our human resources internship, you will be required to:
- Complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Complete assigned development plan and training courses.
- Deal with your colleagues professionally at all times.
- Ensure your desk is clean and presentable at all times.
Depending on the length of your internship, you will be expected to complete a development plan as designed at the start.
Ryan is the Founder & CEO of Refuel Creative. He's a HubSpot certified marketer and SEO expert.→ Read more blogs by me