Refuel Creative is an award-winning marketing and technology agency based in Port Adelaide.
We specialise in all things digital. Digital marketing, paid search advertising (SEM/SEO/PPC), social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc), web development, analytics, and more. We build a holistic and advanced digital strategy for our clients so that each channel can complement one another effectively.
We are striving to create the best environment for the most driven and personable people to work. By 2030, Refuel will be the Adelaide agency that marketers want to work at, and clients want to work with. It is an ambitious target but we are focused on achieving it.
You are not just an ‘employee’ or an ‘intern’ here. Instead, you are an ally and a teammate that will play a crucial role in our operation. In our team, your voice always matters. We’re committed to you and nurturing your growth and knowledge.
Our team values have been developed as a group, with everyone having ownership. Whether that is staff, clients, contractors, or collaborators, we go above and beyond to provide a positive experience with our business. We always work as a team to be innovative and creative and stay on top of industry trends and concepts.
Purpose of the position
Our Digital Marketing Internship is designed to put you in the driver's seat, planning and running marketing for a marketing agency.
In our online marketing internship, you will start by reviewing our current marketing planning, approach and activities at the strategic and operational level. Your analysis will incorporate industry research, benchmarking, and the identification of gaps and opportunities. The majority of current activity is centred around digital marketing activities, so a review of these and identification of opportunities beyond digital is ideal.
You will work with our marketing team to identify fresh opportunities and better ways to attract and engage with our best fit prospects. The successful digital marketing intern will look at social media, landing pages, websites, paid advertising, email marketing, and more.
Your key output of the placement will be the development of a marketing plan that includes recommendations on how our marketing and sales activities can most effectively assist them to achieve their identified objectives.
The specific challenges we are hoping you could assist with include:
- Review of current data collected, including identification of strengths, weaknesses, and quick wins.
- Review current messaging and marketing planning materials, and how it aligns to our target market and personas.
- Review, suggest and implement improvements to marketing automation journeys and tactics.
We believe this internship is ideally suited to a marketing student who has taken to all areas of marketing and isn’t sure where they want to specialise yet, but wants to learn more about life in a marketing agency.
The internship is designed to prepare you for an entry-level position in marketing. This could be a Marketing Officer, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Specialist, or similar. It is also a good precursor for similar digital-focused roles.
Responsibilities and duties
- Undertake a structured induction and training process
- Undertake a review of current marketing planning, approach and activities through a desktop review and interviews with key personnel/stakeholders
- Specific industry research at the macro and micro levels to identify trends and future best practice. This may incorporate 1-2 days of research on campus at your university’s dedicated research space with the assistance of your academic mentor.
- Development of a marketing plan that includes detailed recommendations to overcome the identified challenge(s) being faced by Refuel. This plan will be presented by you to relevant personnel.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Provide separate informal feedback and presentation to key personnel reflecting on the placement experience and providing information about how Refuel could improve support for similar projects/students in the future.
- These activities may be altered during the placement in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Digital marketing internship requirements
Computer & technology
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and skills in software such as Google G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets).
Time management & attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on time according to your internship work schedule.
- A high degree of attention to detail is essential.
Written & verbal communication skills
- You will work with internal stakeholders, and will be required to build positive working relationships with the team.
- The ability to follow client briefs through strong communication.
- The ability to know when to ask questions, and book in additional training. We want people who are prepared to ask!
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to achieve project outcomes effectively and efficiently.
- Currently studying Marketing, Communications, Business or similar tertiary qualification.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent English literacy skills, both written and spoken.
In order to successfully complete our PPC marketing internship, you will be required to:
- Complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Complete assigned development plan and training courses.
- Deal with your colleagues professionally at all times.
- Ensure your desk is clean and presentable at all times.
Depending on the length of your internship, you will be expected to complete the following industry recognised training and certifications: