Refuel Creative is an award-winning marketing and technology agency based in Port Adelaide.
We specialise in all things digital. Digital marketing, paid search advertising (SEM/SEO/PPC), social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc), web development, analytics, and more. We build a holistic and advanced digital strategy for our clients so that each channel can complement one another effectively.
We are striving to create the best environment for the most driven and personable people to work. By 2030, Refuel will be the Adelaide agency that marketers want to work at, and clients want to work with. It is an ambitious target but we are focused on achieving it.
You are not just an ‘employee’ or an ‘intern’ here. Instead, you are an ally and a teammate that will play a crucial role in our operation. In our team, your voice always matters. We’re committed to you and nurturing your growth and knowledge.
Our team values have been developed as a group, with everyone having ownership. Whether that is staff, clients, contractors, or collaborators, we go above and beyond to provide a positive experience with our business. We always work as a team to be innovative and creative and stay on top of industry trends and concepts.
Purpose of the position
This is a dedicated Marketing Automation Internship, somewhat unique in the Adelaide marketing world. You will gain hands on experience with some cutting edge digital marketing tools. You will get behind the wheel of a martech stack that would usually cost you tens of thousands of dollars a month to try.
Our marketing automation intern will learn more about marketing automation, how it works, and what you can do with it. The marketing automation platform of choice for this internship is HubSpot, complete with all our integrated platforms and tools. This isn’t just a HubSpot internship though - the foundations you learn will give you valuable experience for any automation platforms.
Through this digital marketing internship, you will undertake a review of our current marketing automation journeys in HubSpot. Your analysis will consider:
- the lead entry source
- contextualising and personalising communications
- ways to improve conversion from lead to customer.
Your key output of the placement will be:
- Initial plan covering key journeys, suggestions for nurturing based on industry best practice, and priority ordered list.
- Implementation of one or more journeys based on your plan.
- Work with our internal team for support on copy and images to ensure your journeys are professional.
- Review of initial data from your marketing journeys.
The specific challenges we are hoping you could assist with include:
- Review of current journeys, including identification of strengths, weaknesses, and quick wins.
- Review of current messaging and marketing materials, and how it aligns to our target market and personas.
We believe this internship is ideally suited to a marketing student with a strong interest in both technology and data. Someone who understands the basics and wants to get hands on experience with the technology. People who want experience in the fast paced environment offered by a marketing agency are the best fit.
This internship is designed to prepare you for a variety of roles in the modern marketing workforce. It could be very specialised roles like Marketing Automation Specialist or CRM Manager. It could be a more general digital marketing role, which increasingly will rely on marketing automation platforms. Perfect for an in house role or preparing for agency life.
Responsibilities and duties
- Undertake a structured induction and training process
- Undertake a review of current marketing journeys, approach and activities through a desktop review and interviews with key personnel/stakeholders
- Specific industry research at the macro and micro levels to identify trends and future best practice. This may incorporate 1-2 days of research on campus at your university’s research space with the assistance of your academic mentor.
- Development of a plan that includes detailed recommendations, workflow diagrams, and required assets to overcome any identified challenge(s). This plan will be presented by you to relevant personnel.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Provide separate informal feedback and presentation to key personnel, reflecting on the placement experience. This will provide information about how we could improve support for similar projects and students in the future.
- These activities may be altered during the placement in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Digital marketing internship requirements
Computer & technology
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and skills in software such as Google G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets).
Time management & attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on time according to your internship work schedule.
- A high degree of attention to detail is essential.
Written & verbal communication skills
- You will work with internal stakeholders, and will be required to build positive working relationships with the team.
- The ability to follow client briefs through strong communication.
- The ability to know when to ask questions, and book in additional training. We want people who are prepared to ask!
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to achieve project outcomes effectively and efficiently.
- Currently studying Marketing, Communications, Business or similar tertiary qualification.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent English literacy skills, both written and spoken.
In order to successfully complete our PPC marketing internship, you will be required to:
- Complete tasks within required timeframes.
- Complete assigned development plan and training courses.
- Deal with your colleagues professionally at all times.
- Ensure your desk is clean and presentable at all times.
Depending on the length of your internship, you will be expected to complete the following industry recognised training and certifications:
- HubSpot Inbound
- HubSpot Marketing Software
- HubSpot Email Marketing
- HubSpot CMS for Marketers
- Others as appropriate