Refuel Creative is looking for a Videographer and Content Creator to join our growing team, working across our brand and our clients to create innovative and creative content.
This is a varied role perfect for a creative Videographer with some technical nous who wants to get involved in an agency environment. You’ll be getting your hands dirty creating original videos, ads, podcasts, photos, and more in our well-equipped studio.
As our Videographer you’ll work as part of our multi-skilled team of marketers to contribute to projects for a variety of different clients. Your work will fit into marketing and content strategies using the latest technology to deliver your content most effectively.
From Facebook and Google Ads to organic content, testimonials, event videos, live streams, podcasts and more, this is a great opportunity to up your creative ante.
You will need to be equally brilliant behind the camera as you are in the edit suite. You will need to be a pro at Adobe Premiere, but also have basic to intermediate skills in After Effects.
Your sharp eye will also be used for internal and external photo shoots. Anything from headshots to product photos and social content, you’ll get an opportunity to develop your skills.
This role also has a clear career progression, in line with our 10 year business vision. We will nurture your business skills so you can help grow our video business, creating new opportunities for promotions and advancement. We want applicants that are serious about the role and are prepared to invest in developing long term staff.
We offer a flexible workplace and this role is being offered full time or part-time (0.6-0.8 FTE).
What you’ll be doing as our Videographer
To be successful as our Videographer, you must be able to understand briefs and work creatively to produce the desired product. A good Videographer should stay up to date with industry trends and tools that will make projects more marketable and drive better client results.
You will need to be organised and creative, working with our creative team to plan, film and edit video content. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the necessary filming equipment is organised, charged and available for use.
- Contracting and directing other people on set including camera operators, actors, clients, and others as needed.
- Editing footage.
- Organising, logging and storing footage from shoots for archival purposes.
- Preparing quotes, proposals and packages for clients and leads.
- Continuing to develop our in house studio and capabilities, pushing innovation in video and marketing.
You’ll work on commercials, social advertising, product demos, training, video and media content and a lot more.
Here at Refuel, we have a fully equipped photo/video studio in-house. So, there’s no need to lug around your own gear.
Podcasts are also a part of our content strategy for 2021, and you’ll be developing this for Refuel before rolling it out to select clients.
You will work to continue our TipTuesday original social series, and develop further original content and series that add value to our audience and grow our brand.
Not to mention, you’ll have a hand in helping grow our business through visual advertising. This is the ultimate way to build up our show reel and your portfolio, creating innovative and creative content.
You will report directly to our CEO, but work with our team, looking for ways to leverage our marketing technology to deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have access to leading web video platforms like TwentyThree, Wistia and Vidyard. These will help you ensure that your work is delivered in the highest quality, most engaging way possible.
A big part of your work will be creating content for our website, social content, blogs and e-learning. The sky's the limit!
You are passionate and driven. You always seek ways in which to learn and expand your skill set. You don’t mind a bit of office banter and are a team player. You’re a fast learner and ready to dive into some pretty big projects.
You are looking to join a team with growth opportunities, and lead video and content strategy for a rapidly growing agency. You’re here for a good time and a long time, growing with the business and the role, and helping to acquire new business.
You’re a sociable person who can easily work in a team and have excellent communication skills. You treat all people with respect and are a collaborator. You share our common values and commitment to each other and our clients.
Staying on top of industry trends is important to you, and you’re willing to continue learning and improving with us.
You must be tech-savvy and ready for a challenge. Cameras are complex beasts these days, and you need to be able to update firmware yourself. When you get back from a shoot, you will need to log and store your footage and follow our backup and logging processes.
You will have experience with DSLR cameras and lenses and producing high-quality video products. You must also have experience with lighting, able to create the right look.
Photography experience will help too. We want our Videographer to be a well-rounded media professional, enthusiastic to try all things visual and media related.
You are a problem solver and get excited about coming to work and delivering amazing visuals for your clients. You’re motivated and inspired by the opportunity to be part of a company with a high-growth trajectory. We’re looking for someone who has experience but wants to push the boundaries. You must be willing to try new things and continue to innovate for the best client results.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be prepared to thrive in a fast paced, varied agency environment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Adobe After Effects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To push yourself creatively to make your best ever content.
- To be self-motivated, capture opportunities and proactively solve problems.
- Basic technical skills to solve those little camera issues that come up from time to time.
- A sense of humour and team spirit.
Refuel Creative is a marketing and technology agency based in Port Adelaide. We are a team of driven, creative marketing professionals working to get the best results for our clients.
We specialise in building holistic digital strategies for our clients with each channel complementing one another. We work with paid search advertising, social, web development, analytics and more.
Refuel is striving to create the best environment for the most driven and personable people to work.
You are not an ‘employee’ here. Instead, you are an ally and a teammate that will play a crucial role in our operation. In our team, your voice always matters. We’re committed to you and nurturing your growth and knowledge.
We developed our values as a team, with everyone having ownership. We always work as a team to be innovative and creative and stay on top of industry trends and concepts.
Our clients are all over Australia, and a few scattered in other countries. You’ll work with startups, established brands, big businesses, small businesses, tourism providers, breweries, and more.
Our office is in Port Adelaide, right next to the Port Admiral Hotel. There’s free parking, and a fully stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and more!
Our Videographer hiring process
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Great! Our hiring process is a little different to what you might be used to, so we want to be clear on that from the outset.
We believe in hiring the right person, not the first person, so our process can take a little longer. Here’s what to expect through our application process.
- Apply using the button below. This form has some in-depth questions to help us get to know you better. It also includes a basic personality assessment - values and culture are important to us.
- Within 1-2 weeks of your application, Melissa will contact you to book a screening call or let you know that you’ve been unsuccessful.
- Once the screening calls are complete, we will start booking face to face interviews. The timeline for this depends on the number of applications we receive, but it’s generally 1-2 weeks from your screening call.
- We may ask shortlisted candidates to complete a short assessment based on a real-world scenario. This is typically a response to a mock client brief, where we put an internal brief to you and assess your response.
- Finally, we may ask the final 2-3 candidates to produce their short assessment project in our office with our equipment. They will shoot and edit their concept in our office in a short but realistic time frame. We will pay these final candidates an agreed contractor rate for this time - we are not expecting you to work for free.
Videographer jobs in Adelaide like this don’t come up very often. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person - a person who is passionate and enthusiastic about the craft.
If this is you, apply using the form below. We treat all applications as confidential.