Are you a salesperson stuck in a sales or business development job you hate? Limited commission, and selling things you’re not passionate about? Are you truly in a position to grow your career and earnings?
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team. Someone who has some sales experience, but is eager to kick things up a gear. Someone eager to develop their career, in an exciting and fast paced marketing agency, who can help us connect with more great fit customers.
We believe this is a unique opportunity for the right person. An entry level business development/sales position, at a fast growing marketing agency, with training and support to help you meet your targets and grow your career. You’ll be working with B2B prospects across the globe. As our first dedicated sales hire, this position will help us supercharge our growth to meet our aggressive three year targets.
As a Business Development Representative, your role is to seek out and engage “good fit” companies through strategic prospecting. To do this you will leverage our existing leads and generate new interest through calls, emails, social media, and marketing automation.
When connecting with a prospect you will learn about their business challenges to determine whether Refuel are a good fit to provide a solution. When you have identified a qualified prospect, your goal is to concisely communicate the value of Refuel and gain interest in a deeper conversation with our team.
You will work with your Refuel colleagues, as well as Account Executives from partners such as HubSpot, Cradle, and more. Each day you will collaborate with the Refuel team to develop innovative strategies for uncovering new opportunities.
At Refuel, you are not just a number. We are on a mission to be the best place to work, and we’re invested in helping your career. We want team members who are invested in growing with Refuel too. This position may be an entry level business development role, but the right person can find their place here.
With success, this position can grow into a range of pathways including Business Development Manager or Sales Manager. This includes growth in salary and bonus structure. You drive your success and your career pathways with our support.
You will receive training and mentoring from your colleagues and our HubSpot support team, with a range of resources available to help you with any challenges along the way.
What are the responsibilities of a Business Development Representative?
In this role, you will need to:
- Conduct high volume prospecting for qualified leads
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Refuel team and partners to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plans
- Work with the Refuel team to ensure proper quality and quantity of the leads you are referring for deeper conversation.
- Schedule discovery calls for senior members of the team
- Conduct needs assessments calls with specific prospects as assigned
What are the role requirements?
- Sales or prospecting experience
- Fluency in English
- A sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach for achieving them
- The ability to deal with and address objections
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Tonnes of energy, passion, humour, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Work rights within Australia
Who exceeds in this role?
Top performers in Business Development Representative roles usually have:
- Experience working in a high-growth, "scale up" environment
- Previous B2B cold calling and direct sales experience
- Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech industry
- Humility and enthusiasm in their work
What are some of the benefits of working at Refuel?
- Attractive bonus structure with modest KPIs in line with experience
- Interactive employee training and onboarding
- A training allowance
- Team lunches and events
- In office snacks and great coffee
- Amazing colleagues to learn from
- Flexible work hours and schedules - this position is offered 0.6-1.0 FTE
- Open office environment with work from home opportunities